Tuesday 16 November 2010

Lisa Mantchev - Eyes Like Stars


Lisa Mantchev
Eyes Like Stars


Welcome to the Théâtre Illuminata, where the
characters of every play ever written can be
found behind the curtain. They were born to
play their parts, and are bound to the Théâtre
by The Book--an ancient and magical tome of
scripts. Beatrice Shakespeare Smith is not
one of them, but they are her family--and she
is about to lose them all and the only home
she has ever known.





The covers for both this book and the sequel 'Perchance to Dream' are beautiful artwork done by Jason Chan. Again I was drawn to the book because of the cover and I am very glad that I was. I loved this book and have been looking everywhere for the second. In this series there is the usual love triangle but for once I am confused as to who the main character will end up with.

All of the characters are created beautifully and they make the story stand out so much more. All of them are very likable and believable characters.

This book I would highly recommend to anyone who likes the theatre and a bit of magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment